Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Norton Wal Mart NR DVD pricing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Norton Wal Mart NR DVD pricing

    What is up with the Norton WM never discounting their new releases? Before they opened the new store, they would always discount the BIG new releases (like Pirates last week or Superman Returns). Now they always price them at $19.99.

    Go to either WM in Kingsport or the WM in Bristol and the big releases are always $14.99 for at least two weeks.

    Makes absolutely no sense. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton Wal Mart NR DVD pricing

    it's competition. in the tri-city's they have more competition than we do here. where else do you buy dvd's here, K-mart or Magic Mart? If a circuit city or a best buy came into the area that would be some competition that would have to be matched.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton Wal Mart NR DVD pricing

    If KMart had lower pricing, I would get it there.

    It is as if both have reached an agreement that they won't sell NR DVD's at less than $20.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton Wal Mart NR DVD pricing

    You know, I was wondering about that the other day. I buy way to many dvds, but I actually stopped buying as many at walmart because I could beat the prices, even including shipping, buying from amazon. Unless its something I'm just dying for that day.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton Wal Mart NR DVD pricing

    I'll usually have friends get them for me in Kingsport. Even with the TN tax they are cheaper.

    Might be why WM has stopped publishing DVD prices in their sales papers. That way we can't get a salespaper from Kingsport and get the Norton store to match it.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton Wal Mart NR DVD pricing

    Won't they match any advertised price, just take a BestBuy or Circuit City flyer in and have them match it.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton Wal Mart NR DVD pricing

    I think it has to be local. If memory serves, I tried using a Circuit [censored] flyer in Norton to get a price match on a DVD or CD and they wouldn't do it.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton Wal Mart NR DVD pricing

    You can pretty much buy a blu ray copy for that price, thats terrible.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton Wal Mart NR DVD pricing

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
    Won't they match any advertised price, just take a BestBuy or Circuit City flyer in and have them match it.
    you can now.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton Wal Mart NR DVD pricing

    Really?

    Where did you find that out at, is there something you have to have in print to verify it?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •